Friday, October 12, 2012

Making the Storyline

Over the last few weeks, I have been making the storyline of my novella.
So far I have decided that:
- The protagonist will die in the end
- A new great depression will have hit the world
- Dystopian society
- Explanation of what caused the depression (haven't figured it out yet)
- Protagonist starts out as very shallow and selfish but becomes kind and caring as the story moves along

What inspired me to choose this storyline was watching the american presidential debates. There was lots of talk about unemployment rates, job growth, tax cuts, middle class, and trade with China. I thought it would be interesting to have the world in a new great depression.

This has a lot of potential for research as causes for a new great depression are easily found online, in news articles, magazines, and videos.
This links to my goal that my novella should reference today's society.

That's all for now,
Coltin

No comments:

Post a Comment